Hello!!

Hello, I'm Lyndsay and this is my A2 Media blog. All of the research and planning I do for this years coursework (A short film, magazine review and poster to go with it) will find it's way onto this blog.

Thursday 24 November 2011

Magazine review - layout plan


This is the basic layout for my magazine review, which will be a double page spread of multiple reviews. I looked mostly at 'Empire' magazine and 'Film' magazine for layouts, and I noticed the biggest difference between short film reviews and feature length reviews is the length of the review. Which is why the space for writing is so small. I also noticed that there was mostly no correllation betweenthe main film being reviewed and the adverts for films in the cinema or reviews of other films, other than maybe actorsor genre, general things that would appeal to those interested in the main article. It's from this I decided to review 'Traffic Warden' and 'Sorry I'm late', and if I have space for another 'For My Blossom'.
I can't sort out the photos or the main review until all filming and editing is finished so I can get screenshots or stills, though I can write out the shorter reviews of actual short films (of the same, childish, family genre). Also, I can do the smaller parts of the review, e.g. basic plotline, film details etc.
I'll have to find styles, fonts and colour schemes too, I'm thinking of light colours to fit the genre of the film without using pink or blue, to make it clear that the film isn't aimed at males or females specifically, and I'd choose more rounded fonts (as opposed to the more square, harsh-looking fonts which would look out of place).

No comments:

Post a Comment