Hello!!

Hello, I'm Lyndsay and this is my A2 Media blog. All of the research and planning I do for this years coursework (A short film, magazine review and poster to go with it) will find it's way onto this blog.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Film Ending

While I was writing the 'Storyboard-ish' post I was thinking about how to end it, whetehr to have a happy ending where I get the item in the photo back and thats it, or whether after the shop assistant takes the item out of the window and everyone thinks I have the item back, but then a someone else walks out of the shop with the item.

Then again, whist writing out these ideas, picturing them happening in my head, I think the first option sounds better. But I don't know, I'd have to think about it in more detail.

Edit:
After coming up with some options for the ending, I decided to stick with my original ending, as having someone else get the item would cause too many problems of firstly finding someone to film, and then permission to film them.

Though, after some feedback about the ending, I've decided add an extra scene at the end, which will go something like this:

I walk out of the shop holding the doll, there is a small pause before someone comes rushing out of the shop and stops me. This is shot from across the road, and will cut to a shot-reverse-shot of a short piece of dialogue between me and the other person.

Other - Hello, 'scuse me, sorry, but I came in here with my daughter Emma the other day and she saw that doll and really loved it. It's her birthday tomorrow, could I buy it from you, for her?

Me - [looks at doll] She was my best friend once, her name's Rosie. Take good care of her.

I pass the doll over and the other person thanks me and rushes off. There is a shot of me, standing for a while, thinking about what just happened, sighing, smiling then walking away.

1 comment: