Hello!!

Hello, I'm Lyndsay and this is my A2 Media blog. All of the research and planning I do for this years coursework (A short film, magazine review and poster to go with it) will find it's way onto this blog.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Thoughts & Ideas

Hello!
For my piece, I’ll be doing a short film (about 5 minutes), and these are my first thoughts:
Something based on ‘Traffic Warden’, a short film starring David Tennant. I really like the ‘Love at first sight’ story line, and the way things, such as titles, are presented (See screenshots), and I’ll try to mix that into whatever I decide to do.


And idea that I got whilst watching Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix, at the end, when Luna Lovegood (Love her!!) is putting up ‘Missing’ posters because her shoes have gone missing, I really like the innocence and child-like quality Luna has, and how she’s made missing posters for something so trivial, and so I thought My film could be called ‘Missing’ and would be the story of a person searching for something they had lost, something trivial like a teddy bear or clothing, or maybe something symbolic like love, faith or hope.

This picture shows the influences, examples and ideas I had when first posed with the task of creating a short film. To start, I watched some short films on http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/filmnetwork/C54731, such as ‘Keel’, ‘Bro’ ‘King of Deptford Creek’ and ‘The Other Man’, and a few on Youtube, such as ‘Traffic Warden’ (Which was a big influence), ‘Stranger’, ‘Test’ and ‘Storm’ (A narrated animation by comedian Tim Minchin)



A few of these short films were stop motion or animation, and one particular stop-motion named ‘Sorry I’m Late’ (http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/films/p006x5jz) really caught my eye. I love the simple style and storyline, and the stop motion and use of toys (Such as the bike shown above or the use of the toy car below) give it a really immature and childish atmosphere, which could help me achieve the innocence and naivety I want in my short film.

1 comment:

  1. I like these ideas - you've referenced a range of texts well to outline your ideas. It might be worth your while to think about how you'd distribute your film - a quick look at some web-based drama and how they reach audiences would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete