Hello!!

Hello, I'm Lyndsay and this is my A2 Media blog. All of the research and planning I do for this years coursework (A short film, magazine review and poster to go with it) will find it's way onto this blog.

Sunday 18 September 2011

Storyboard-ish

There will be a picture of the original scribble which I call a storyboard, when I get round to taking the photo, but for now this will have to do. (Italics = added in later)

Opening titles, probably over a series of old photos, to tie in with the fact that I'm looking at photos at the beginning of the scene)
Frame 1
Looking at old photos, finds a photo of younger me with an item (I’d have to make sure I still have the item, it’ll be needed later on. If not, I’ll have a go at getting creative with Photoshop)

Frame 2
Insert of close up of photo.

Frame 3
Cuts to low angle shot of me looking at photo.

Frame 4
MONTAGE!!!! Looking for item in photo around the house.

Frame 5
Close up of a random look of confusion, then looking (camera pans) to a laptop.

Frame 6
Cut to printer, printing the posters.

Frame 7
Series of quick clips of me putting posters on walls, lampposts etc, ending with a shot of me in front of a lamppost, then walking away, revealing a poster on the lamppost.

Frame 8
Long shot of me trying to hand out posters (could be filmed on highstreet, using charity shop on there, if they'll let me anyway), ending with a close up of me looking for someone else to give a poster to, when...

Frame 9
The camera cuts to a second hand shop (Charity shop down highstreet), then to a close up of the item in the window.

Frame 10
The camera returns to the shot of me, I walk out of shot and the camera cuts to a wide shot of the shop and me walking through the door.

Frame 11
There is then a close up of a shop assistant taking the item out of the window.

Frame 12
Shows poster on floor/on lamppost, before wind blows it away.

There will be a picture of the original scribble which I call a storyboard, when I get round to taking the photo.

End Credits, either scrolling on a black screen or in the same style as the opening credits, just with new photos of the item)

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. It feels kind of sad, which I like. Music is going to be key with this, I think.

    A visual storyboard, as you rightly say, is going to be v helpful to you, but it's good that you're identifying shot types and transitions already. Don't forget to think about movement, composition and mise-en-scene as well!

    ReplyDelete